Re-String It

A few weeks ago, I attended a holiday press preview and received a pretty nifty item. It's called Re-String It, and you use it to re-string drawstrings in hoodies, shorts, sweatpants, scrubs, aprons, duffle bags, and more.

Now, at first, I almost gave this away because I thought, "I don't have anything that needs to be re-strung." But instead of giving it away or, gasp, throwing it away, I left my Re-String it in my scrap room. And then I did laundry. I washed a new hoodie and noticed before putting it in the washing machine that the drawstring was about to come out. I fixed it and washed the hoodie, and wouldn't you know it? That stupid drawstring came out!!

But then I said, "Wait a minute! I have the Re-String It!" So I took my hoodie, drawstring, and Re-String It and sat down on the couch to put the drawstring back in the hoodie's hood. It was very easy to set up the Re-String It. Once I figured out that the drawstring goes around the top of the hood and not around the back, it was very easy to push the Re-String It through one side of the hood and out the other side. And voila! My hoodie was re-strung!

If you have lots of hoodies or have kids who wear things with drawstrings, then you might want to consider picking up one of these. Re-String It is available for $14.99 at re-stringit.com. I'm definitely going to be keeping mine around!

Comments