I Survived Hurricane Irene

I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt that said that. It looked professionally made, so I'm wondering if it's some type of charity thing. I'll have to look into it.

Anyway, we survived. Not a lot of damage where we lived, which was good. This was about the extent of it:



That tree branch fell over Sunday afternoon. That's the street behind our house. We lost power at midnight Sunday but got it back 10:30 Sunday morning. So not terrible. Can't say the same about other parts of New Jersey. If ever there was a time that I'm glad we moved, it's now. Parts of our old town were evacuated due to flooding, and I'm not sure I would have been able to get to work due to flooded roads along my old bus route. As it was, I was able to go to work every day this week (as were my co-workers), so things are pretty much back to normal for us.

Comments