Mix It Up Monday July Hop - Scrapbook Process 342

Welcome to the Mix It Up Monday hop! Or rather, welcome to my blog post that tells you about it. If you really want to hop along, head over to my process video on YouTube for the full list of participants.

This hop is a collaboration between Anna from Piece Craft Love and Kimberly from I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking. Each month we start with a sketch and then add some mixed media to it. So here is my take:


I added white gesso to the patterned Pinkfresh paper so that it looked like the gesso was peeking out from behind my photos. I've got a horizontal 4x6 photo and a vertical 3x4 photo that is matted with some navy cardstock. Both photos are from my trip to the Fire Island lighthouse in November.


I'm so glad that I got that Paper Issues Warehouse Box because I was able to go through each pack of embellishments one by one and find pieces to add to this layout. There's a little bit of everything here - washi tape, stickers, chipboard, enamel pieces, Vicki Boutin paper clip!


To add a little more mixed media, I splattered two blue colors from Tim Holtz. I really like the way the blue splatters show up on the white gesso. Another reason why I did that!

Thanks for looking! I hope you hop along!

Comments