Challenge YOUrself Scrapbook Challenge - Then and Now - Process 318

Time for another scrapbook challenge at Challenge YOUrself! I broke out some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray to create a mixed media background for this month's challenge theme - Then and Now. The green colors were perfect for these photos of me, my daughter, and a giant stuffed panda. Watch how it all came together in today's process video.


You're probably wondering why I chose green as opposed to black because pandas are black and white. Well, my daughter's baby nursery theme was pandas, and because pandas eat bamboo, which is green, the color scheme ended up being black, white, and green. I figured there was enough black and white in the photos and in the patterned paper that I matted the photos with, plus I didn't have any black sprays! So green it was.


I just used the smooshing technique to create this background, and then I cut the green patterned paper into triangles and flared them out behind the photos. I found as many green, black, and white embellishments that I could from my stash. Black Nuvo Drops definitely came in handy on this layout!



I had fun reliving the memories of December 2015 when I was pregnant and preparing for my daughter juxtaposed with my daughter posing next to the giant panda during her birthday month.

I can't wait to see what YOU create! Head over to the Challenge YOUrself blog to see what the rest of the design team created and upload your take on this challenge.

Comments