April Mix It Up Monday - Scrapbook Process 319

I'm back! Well, I guess I never went away, but I took a break from the Mix It Up Monday challenges hosted by Piece Craft Love. Now I'm back and once again participating, once again breaking out all the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Sprays to create a mixed media background! Wanna see how this came together? Watch today's process video!

 


We started this challenge with a great two-photo sketch. I decided to use two photos of my daughter trying out her red hair dye before Halloween. (She went as Scarlet Witch.) Because we were dying her hair red, I chose all the red sprays I had in an attempt at creating a monochromatic/ombre background.

Well, Ripe Persimmon ended up being more orange than pinky-peachy.



But that's okay because these were fall photos, so I was able to add in some small embellishments that had red and orange on them. I also went through my paper strips stash to find strips in different shades and patterns of red and pink. I love using paper strips to create rays coming out from behind the photos.



So that's my layout for today! I hope you were inspired to do some of your own mixed media. Be sure to check out the description box of my process video to get the full list of participants and see how they used mixed media today.

Comments