How I Cut Down My Photos Without Cutting Off Too Much - Scrapbook Process 313

Do you feel less than confident when it comes to trimming your 4x6 photos? Maybe you're interested in working with a smaller photo size, but you're afraid of cropping off too much of the photo and ruining it. In today's process video, I share a little tip with you about how I carefully crop my 4x6 photos. I hope you watch it and find it helpful!


Essentially, it's all about taking an equal measurement off of each side. In the scrapbook layout above, I started with four 4x6 photos. Two of them were cropped down to 3x4, while the other two were cropped down to 3.5 x 5. (Remember when that size was the default photo printing size?)

I matted the smaller photos with some patterned paper and bumped up one of them on foam tape to add some dimension. 


I paired one of the 3x4 photos with one of the 3.5 x 5 photos, creating two separate areas on the page - one in the top left and one in the bottom right. This is my favorite shape to make on a scrapbook layout - the diagonal! 

(Okay, a diagonal is not a shape, but you get the idea.)


Then I added in a bunch of random embellishments from my stash, and that's it for this layout! I do hope you watch the process video to learn more about cutting down photos and see how this entire scrapbook layout came together. Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Thanks for looking!

Comments