Paper Issues Sketch Challenge - Scrapbook Process 305

Once again I am sharing a layout made for a Paper Issues challenge! Head over to my YouTube channel to watch how this layout came together in today's process video


I love the idea of using triangles on scrapbook layouts. It is definitely an underused shape. HOWEVER, whenever I add triangles to a layout, I am immediately whisked away into a world of math, and THAT I do not like. Scrapbooking should be fun and whimsical. I don't like feeling pressured to measure stuff. Unfortunately, that's what I had to do here to ensure I had even triangles on all sides of my page. They ended up smaller than intended, but you know what? Whatever.


Each triangle got is own small embellishment cluster using random items from my stash. Because this is a photo of my daughter drinking her first Shirley Temple, I tried to find items that symbolized beverages. I dug DEEP into my stash. 


I also added some white gesso behind the photo just for a bit of something extra. It made the process take longer since I had to wait for the gesso to dry, but I like the way it looks. 

Thanks for looking!

Comments