Making Close to My Heart Shaker Pockets - Process 308

So I finally got around to using the shaker pocket supplies that I had purchased from Close to My Heart as part of this month's scrapbook haul. Was it any easy process? NO! There were no instructions on how to use the die-cuts and foam and acrylic circles. Want to see how you're supposed to use them? Watch my process video!


Normally you see shaker pockets on cards, but I chose to add two shaker pockets to a 12x12 scrapbook layout. I love the way shaker pockets look (and sound), and they give such great dimension to a flat page. 

This is a layout of my daughter and me at the St. Louis Magic House a few weeks ago. If you've never been, but you have kids and you're in the area, you must go. It is a hands-on, educational children's museum, and it is my daughter's favorite thing to do whenever we go visit her grandpa.


To go along with the circular shaker pockets, I added in patterned paper circles from my stash. These are circles that I had punched in advance out of scrap paper, and they sit out on my supplies table for whenever a random layout comes up that I think needs some circles!

Be sure to watch the process videos in my Scrapbooking with Circles playlist for even more ideas on how to use circles on your scrapbook layouts.


A hand-drawn border, some Nuvo drops and Distress Oxide splatters, and this layout is done! Thanks for looking!

Comments