Scrapbook Inspiration from Kid Arts & Crafts - Tape Resist Watercolor Painting

I'm happy to be starting a new series on my YouTube channel where I interpret kids arts and crafts techniques for scrapbook layouts. Today's technique is tape resist watercolor painting. Check out the whole process for this layout in my process video.

 
This was so easy, and it's a great way to create your own background. Simply grab some washi tape that you don't really use, stick it down onto white cardstock in whatever pattern you'd like, and then grab your watercolors and paint. When you let the paint dry and then remove the washi tape, you'll have clean white lines left behind where the washi tape had been.


I've done this before with a different layout and ended up watercolor painting some bursts of rays extending from my photo. That was for a Paper Issues LIVE scrap last year when I was on its design team. You can literally do whatever type of design you'd like with this.


I chose pinks for my background because they went well with a lot of the embellishments and paper scraps that I had planned to use to scrap these random photos of my daughter. 

If you don't have watercolors, you can also paint with your misting sprays! Let me know if you try this out!

Comments