Let's Get Sketchy April Sketch Challenge

It's here! The April sketch from Let's Get Sketchy! And today I'm revealing my take on the sketch. But make sure to head over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog so you can see what the rest of the design team created and enter your own creation!


I kept my layout pretty similar to the sketch. I used patterned papers to create little triangles in the corners, and I did some splattering in the middle behind my two photos. And, of course, you can see the full process in my process video.


I kept the colors red, white, and blue (for the most part) because these are photos taken during election week 2020. My daughter wore a special shirt on Election Day and then made up a posterboard sign for our favorite candidate. It was a lot of fun to have her participate.


The beauty of this simple sketch is that it did not take me long to do this layout. Maybe 10 to 15 minutes tops? I didn't wait for the misting spray to dry. I just dabbed at it with some tissue to help it along.

So thank you for looking! 

Comments