Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 Review

I recently got the chance to test out Dermalogica's Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 for free through BzzAgent. It came in the nick of time as I was running low on my normal facial moisturizer. 

So is that all it is? A moisturizer?

This is part of Dermalogica's AGE Smart line, and it's designed to help hydrate and firm your skin thanks to antioxidant white tea and a unique polypeptide.


But along with that, it also includes SPF 50, which is way more than my normal daily moisturizer. That broad spectrum SPF helps combat the appearance of skin aging.

Dermalogica describes this as a medium-weight moisturizer that can be used on any skin type, and the "pro tip" is to not only use it on your face but your neck and decollete area, too.

So here's what I liked about it:

  • fresh scent
  • felt rich going on my skin
  • easy to wear underneath makeup
  • kept my skin from drying out too much
  • contains SPF 50 - perfect for those sunny summer days when I need protection walking to work
  • cruelty-free and vegan
There really isn't anything I don't like about the Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50, aside from the fact that the standard size of 1.7 ounces costs $75. Yikes! You can get a 0.4-ounce bottle for $22.

So maybe not financially feasible in the long run, although I've had my 1.7-ounce bottle for almost two months now and it's still not empty. But you're also paying for the higher SPF and unique ingredients that some drugstore brands just don't offer.

What are your thoughts? How much are you willing to pay for skincare?

Comments