Stick It Down March Double-Page Guest Designer

This month, I am the guest designer at Stick It Down scrapbook challenges. I won the January double-page sketch challenge, so now I get to show you my interpretation of March's double-page sketch challenge. 

You'll find more detail in my process video for this layout. 

Here's the sketch:

If you're thinking, "Oof! Triangles!", well, yes, so was I. But then I remembered that I had an Altenew corner stencil, and I decided to mix that stencil with triangles of patterned paper from the Shimelle New Grow Up line.


My left page doesn't look exactly like the left page in the sketch. AND THAT'S OKAY! I did keep the photo design pretty much the same because I liked the grid of four photos on the right page and how one of the horizontal photos on the first page extends to the second.


This layout took me two days to complete, which is not normal for me, but when you've got some mixed media and are working with non-traditional scrapbook layout shapes, that's just what happens. 


Speaking of non-traditional scrapbook layout shapes, make sure you're subscribed to my YouTube channel so you don't miss out on my new series "Circles on Scrapbook Pages". Don't worry - I'll have accompanying blog posts to remind you.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to submit your take on the Stick It Down double-page sketch challenge!

Comments