Scrapbooking with Circles: Split Circle + Process Video

Hi guys! Today I'm starting a new process video series on my YouTube channel that's all about how to use circles on your scrapbook pages. You can check out the first process video here. (And make sure you subscribe to my channel so you don't miss out on another one!)

So often we stick to straight lines - squares, rectangles - on our pages, but it's nice to throw in different shapes every now and then. Circles are an easy shape to start with because you might already have some circle punches or circle cutters gathering dust in your stash. Bust them out!


This first layout uses a large circle that I cut in half to create an off-set design on the page. I've done something similar with rectangular strips of patterned paper, but you can easily do it with circles, too. Or any shape you want, really.



I felt circles worked well on this layout because the pictures are of my daughter learning to ride a bike. If you have similar pictures and a cut file machine, you could find a cut file of a bicycle wheel and do the same type of design. But if you're like me and you don't have a cut file machine, simply tracing a circle onto cardstock or patterned paper works great, too.



Something you'll also noticed from the process video for this is that I drew out a sketch of the design before I started working on the page. Jotting down your ideas and where you would like things to go is very helpful and can even make creating the layout easier and faster. 

Or just find a sketch that someone else created and use that as inspiration!

How do you guys use different shapes on your layouts? Stay tuned next week for the second installment to the series.

Comments