March Sips By Review

I'm finishing off the month by sharing with you what came in my March Sips By box and what I thought of the four teas that I got to drink.

If you missed my unboxing for this box, you can check that out here. I'm only receiving a Sips By box every other month, which fits best with my lifestyle. You can try your first Sips By box at a $5 discount when you use my referral link.

So what came in my box?

1. Forever Nuts - DavidsTea

I love DavidsTea. I used to be a DavidsTea member, actually. But now getting their tea delivered direct to my home works much better. I really liked the nuttiness of this flavor. It's a caffeine-free tea with hints of almond, apple, and cinnamon. The only thing I didn't like was that each tea bag needed to be steeped in 16 ounces of water, which is not how I usually drink my tea. I like to do a simple eight-ounce mug, so for this tea, I needed to break out a larger insulated mug and drink all 16 ounces at once. Although, if you didn't want all 16 ounces, just save what you can't drink in the fridge. I think this tastes great as iced tea, too.

2. Red Date Ginger Tea - Red Root Shop

This was a weird one because the tea doesn't come in tea bags. Instead, these are cubes that you steep in 10 ounces of water. (Another amount of water that doesn't really jive with how I take tea time.) It's a bit on the spicy side, which I wouldn't have minded so much, except there were little pieces of the cube's ingredients floating in my tea. I was not a fan of that.

3. Natural Rooibos - Rooibos Rocks

I had a Rooibos tea in my January Sips By box, and I really do enjoy it. This had a nice flavor; kind of what you would expect from a hot cup of tea. I don't really know how else to explain it.

4. Mixed Berries & Hibiscus - Ahmad Tea/Mint Tea - Stash Tea

I don't know what happened here, but the information sheet in my box said I was receiving the Mixed Berries & Hibiscus tea, which I was really excited for because I love a good berry tea. However, my box contained a mint tea instead. No big deal. The mint tea was also caffeine-free, and I like mint tea. It was just a mix-up on Sips By's end, one that I informed them of but have yet to hear back about.

So overall, I'd say this was a so-so box. I liked three out of four teas, but one tea was a mistake. Maybe I'll get the berry tea in my May box.

Comments