Pamela's Gluten-Free Ice Cream Heart Sandwiches

It's the month of love, and I am all about heart-shaped food. Heart pancakes, heart brownies, heart cake. If I can turn it into a heart, I'm going to eat it. (Well, I'll eat it in whatever shape it is, but...)

I received a press release about a fun dessert to make this month: Pamela's gluten-free Ice Cream Heart Sandwiches! I decided to try it out for myself.


If you don't know what Pamela's is, it's been making great-tasting gluten-free baked goods since 1988! Pamela's Products provides gluten-free baking mixes, snacks, cookies, and more. 

For this recipe, you'll need to use Pamela's All-Purpose Artisan Flour Blend or Pamela's Bread Mix. Both can be purchased from the Pamela's website, but I also found the all-purpose flour at my local ShopRite.

Before you embark on this recipe, note that the whole process takes a few days to make. I made the cookies on day one, let them kind of dry out in a cool oven overnight, and then assembled the sandwiches over the course of a morning on day two. By the evening of day two, they were ready to eat.

Just note that making these is messy. But totally worth it.


As for the other ingredients, I already had everything in my fridge or pantry, with the exception of the sorbet. I went with Haagen-Daazs raspberry sorbet because it's delicious and it was on sale at ShopRite! (It also contains no milk.)

I should have taken pictures of my process for this because I didn't really follow the directions exactly when it came time to cut the sorbet into heart shapes and put the sandwiches together. Maybe I found the instructions a tad bit convoluted? 

So just do your best and what works for you. My process worked just fine. You'll need A LOT of parchment paper, so stock up before you begin.

And Happy Valentine's Day a little early!

Comments