Mixed Media Frenzy Hop + Process Video

I am so excited to be participating in another Mixed Media Frenzy Hop! There is a great group of YouTubers and Instagrammers to inspire you today, and you can check out the full list in the description of my process video for this layout.


So we were inspired by a layout from scrapbooker Missy Whidden. I have been following Missy since before scrapbookers were using YouTube. That's way back when all scrapbook layouts were shared on blogs. I know that blogs are not as popular for scrapbooking as they were 15 years ago, but I still use one because it's an easy way for you guys to see what I'm doing, especially if you don't have time to watch a video. (Though I hope you do check mine out!)


I used white gesso over an Echo Park stencil to create some white dimensional arrows on my white cardstock. Once dry, I used the package technique and three misting sprays to make the arrows pop. 

From there, it was all about embellishing! I used Vicki Boutin stickers and a stamp set from the February Not Just for Boys Kit. From my own stash I added some Pinkfresh diecuts, Pinkfresh chipboard buttons, and Simple Stories chipboard stickers.


I love how this turned out. It was so fun to try and recreate a mixed media background from Missy Whidden. And I'm sure you'll have fun hopping from scrapbooker to scrapbooker and getting lots of mixed media inspiration for your own scrapbook layouts. Thanks for looking!

Comments