Scrapbook Process Video #101 - Sweet On You

Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing a scrapbook layout and my 101st scrapbook process video on YouTube. I wanted to show you how I used a new stencil from Altenew that I purchased from Paper Issues. (Use code Lars to save 20% in the Paper Issues store.)



Originally, I was trying to do one of the sketch challenges at Paper Issues, but I kind of ended up taking shape inspiration only from the original layout. Yep, I used triangles! And I used my Altenew stencil to do it. 

Using ink pads, I stamped the stencil onto Vicki Boutin Foundations Paper. You'll see in the process video how I created the triangle shapes on the bottom of the page.


Then I added in a bunch of donut-themed embellishments from my stash and filled in the diagonal of the page.


This was my first time using the stencil, and I like the effect. However, this was total experimentation, and I think for the second time I use the stencil, I'll have a better grasp of how I want to use it. 

But this is all part of the scrappy mixed media process, right? Thanks so much for looking!

Comments