December 2020 Bucket List/Bored Jar/Advent Calendar Ideas

As I did last month, I created a December bucket list jar that will also serve as our Advent Calendar activities. Each day, I'll take one of these popsicle sticks and place it in the appropriate pocket on our fabric calendar. That's the activity we'll do that day! 

And if you need more inspiration for popsicle stick crafts for kids, then check out my post on the Zulily blog. 

So what are some of my December bucket list/bored jar/Advent Calendar ideas? Here are 10 ideas for your December bucket list or Advent Calendar.

  • Write a letter to Santa
  • Watch a Christmas movie
  • Make an ornament
  • Make a snow globe
  • Make Santa Searchers craft
  • Color Christmas pictures
  • Choose three toys to donate
  • Have hot cocoa and cookies
  • Make a gingerbread house
  • Candy cane science
For some of these, I purchased craft kits from Oriental Trading. For others, all I'll need to do is print something out or purchase food supplies from the grocery store. 

I like doing this as an Advent Calendar as opposed to a bored jar because I can control what the activities will be each day and, therefore, better prepare. But these would still totally work as your family's monthly bucket list or bored jar. I actually made extra popsicle sticks so that if we still need something to combat boredom, there will be other ideas.

What are some fun winter and holiday activities that you're doing for December?

Comments