Paper Issues Birthday Crop Face Paint Challenge

Have you heard? It's the Paper Issues Birthday Crop this weekend! There are so many new challenges to play along with, and I'm one of the party planners for the Face Paint challenge! What does that challenge mean? Get creative with your mixed media. Add stamping, misting spray, inks, etc., to your layout in whatever way you want. 

This is the 12x12 scrapbook layout that I created. You can find more details by watching my process video.


So basically, I used a stencil from 49 & Market and sprayed it with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Misting Spray in Speckled Egg. Such a pretty blue color. 

You can still sort of see the outline of the edge of the stencil, but I'm okay with that. I'm still working on my spraying stencils technique.


Then I created my layout using patterned papers, embellishments, and alphas from Simple Stories, Carta Bella, Bella Blvd., Heidi Swapp, Elle's Studio, and Pretty Little Studio.

You'll notice that I cut my photos not only down in size but in shape! I tried to create a shape that looked like the shape of the stencil.


If you've got time to scrapbook this weekend, come play along with us! 

And don't forget that you can save 20% off in the Paper Issues store when you use code Lars!

Comments