November 2020 Bucket List Bored Jar

Something I meant to do a few months ago was create a fall bucket list/bored jar. I wanted to write different fall-themed activities on popsicle sticks and place them in a mason jar so that whenever we were in need of something to do, we'd just randomly pull out a popsicle stick, and voila! Boredom busted. 

However, I did not create this fall bucket list/bored jar.

But I finally got my act together to create a more specific list of activities for the month of November. Fall isn't over yet, so even though we already did some of the traditional activities (apple picking, pumpkin picking), there are still a few fall fun ideas that we can do. 


I liked this idea so much that I also created one for December. Stay tuned!

First, I painted plain popsicle sticks with Dot Markers. You could also use paint or markers. Or just leave the popsicle sticks plain!

Then, I wrote a fall activity on each popsicle stick with a Sharpie. It was a little hard coming up with fall activities because of COVID-19. I have so many fall ideas pinned to Pinterest, but I needed activities that were kid-friendly and didn't involve going into a crowd. So no football games or shopping along our downtown main street. (Maybe I can add those in for next year?)

So what fall activities did I include on our bucket list and in our bored jar?


I came up with 30 activities, one for each day of November. Will we do them all? Probably not. I assume we won't be bored on Thanksgiving Day. I mean, celebrating Thanksgiving is an activity in itself, right? But even if we don't do all 30, at least we have a wide selection to choose from.

Here are just a few that might also work for your family:


  • Make a caramel apple nacho bar
  • Drink a salted caramel latte (My excuse for taking a trip to the Starbucks drive-thru and getting my kid a cookie or something while I sip my latte.)
  • Rake leaves
  • Play a game as a family
  • Bake apple cider donuts
  • Do a turkey-themed craft
  • Bake a favorite treat
  • Make leaf art
  • Go on a fall scavenger hunt
  • Fall photo shoot
  • Have a picnic
  • Make pumpkin pie
  • Curl up under a blanket with a book
  • Take a scenic drive
  • Cuddle on the couch and watch a movie
  • Go to the playground
  • Fill an Operation Christmas Child shoebox
  • Donate a toy
  • Make pumpkin bread
  • Donate to a food bank
  • Go for a hike
  • Make hot chocolate
  • Make and fly paper airplanes
  • Drink apple cider
  • Make hot chocolate

What other fall-themed activities would you add to your own bored jar/bucket list? Share in the comments! Let's fill our bored jars with so many activities that our children are never bored next month!

Comments