Easy Painted Pumpkins Craft

I don't have much in the way of fall decor, so I decided to create something that I could keep out during October and November. Here's how you can add to your home's fall decor by making painted pumpkins with inspirational quotes.


I used decorative mini pumpkins and white acrylic paint. Of course, you can also buy the pumpkins already painted white and save yourself a step. 

Why did I choose white? I just thought it would look classy, but you're welcome to paint your mini pumpkins whatever color you want.

Once the pumpkins are dry - you might need two coats, depending on the coverage of your paint - grab a Sharpie or other sturdy black marker and write an inspirational quote on it. Don't know what to write? I just Googled "inspirational fall quotes" and picked a few that I liked best (and that weren't too long).


It can be tricky to write on a pumpkin. My handwriting got a little slanted, but I tried not to let it bother me and focused on writing how I normally would if I was writing with pen and paper. 

If you don't like your handwriting or don't like the way it looks on your pumpkin, you could probably print something out on sticky vinyl using a Cricut or Silhouette and adhere to your pumpkin. Or get someone with really nice handwriting to do it for you.


This is an easy way to add some festive decor around the house, and it's nice to see something positive every time you walk past one of these decorated pumpkins.

You can also get your kids in on the action. Put them to work painting your pumpkins for you or give them their own mini pumpkins to paint and decorate however they'd like. This was an activity that kept my 4.5-year-old busy for at least 10 minutes!

Comments

Post a Comment