The Beauty Box from Bombay and Cedar Review

A few weeks ago, I got the chance to check out a free sample of the The Beauty Box from Bombay and Cedar, a subscription box that delivers cruelty-free and vegan beauty products straight to your door each month. The box I received was the May box, and it contained some really interesting new products that I was excited to check out. 


What is The Beauty Box? It's a way for you to discover new brands and products each month. You'll get five to six full- or deluxe-sized products in every box. Each box has a retail value of over $100, but it only costs around $30, depending what type of subscription plan you choose. The products in the box consist of makeup, skincare, beauty tools, and more, and all products are vegan and cruelty-free.

So what came in my May box? 

1. Swift Eye Shadow by RMS Beauty - Mine was in a shade called Sunset Beach. A perfect summery color and very easy to apply.

2. Magic Wand Brow Gel by R+Co - I'm usually not one to tame my brows, but I liked the non-tacky feel of this gel, as well as its paraben- and sulfate-free, petrolatum- and mineral oil-free, gluten-free, and vegan status.

3. Ionic Anti-Wrinkle Facial Massager by Almost Famous - Not gonna lie, I didn't realize this required batteries the first time I used it. But once I got that issue ironed out, this has been a fun little tool to give mama a little relaxation at the end of the day.
 
4. Hair Rinse Tea by Lhamour - I still haven't used this herbal hair rinse because I keep forgetting that you don't use it in the shower, but rather soak your hair in a bowl with this rinse mixed inside. Its blend of herbs and botanicals are supposed to soothe your scalp and make your hair shinier.
 
5. Day Dreamer Face Wash by Blume - I absolutely love this face wash. It's got a great fresh scent, and you get a nice lather from just a few pumps. Very gentle on my face and hydrating, too.
 
6. Lip Stick by Caley Cosmetics - This was the only product I had issues with, but I suppose in a box like this, you're not going to like everything. I usually wear lipstick when I'm at work, so I was excited to have a new color to wear. The color is called No Tan Lines, and it's a little darker than what I would normally wear, but I thought, let's just give it a shot. And then I went to apply it, and it was not creamy like lipstick at all. It was so dry that I couldn't even get any color on my lips. Does this lipstick come with instructions?

Some of these products I never would have found on my own, so I'm so glad that I had the chance to sample them in The Beauty Box

As someone who has been trying to transition to a more plant-based lifestyle, both for personal and environmental reasons, the products and mission of The Beauty Box really stood out to me. Getting a box of curated product sent directly to you also takes the guesswork out of "What should I buy?" You get to sample new products, and maybe you'll find items that you really like and want to purchase separately on a regular basis. 

There's also a Lifestyle Box subscription that includes products such as diffusers, books, snacks, skincare, home goods, activities, and more. I think that one sounds cool, too!

With the holidays quickly approaching, I think this would make a great gift for a friend, sister-in-law, or yourself!

Comments