Sweet Scrapbook Page

This month I decided to play along with the sketch challenge over at The Studio Challenges. The original sketch had a 4x4 grid, so I took that as inspiration to create something with unequal pieces and angles.

I used lots of Pebbles Live Life Happy to scrap these photos of my daughter on National Hot Chocolate Day. We made our own hot cocoa from scratch so that it could be dairy-free and loaded up on different toppings. My favorite topping was the almond milk whipped cream, while my daughter really liked the peppermint stick.

I also used some Simple Stories, Shimelle, and Elle's Studio on here. I just love mixing collections! It's probably my favorite way to scrap.

And if you'll notice, I pulled out some vellum to cover the heart patterned paper above the larger photo. I just felt that having those bright hearts right on top of the bright stripes was too much, and in the absence of any solid cardstock that matched, I figured vellum would help soften the hearts up and give me more of a blank canvas so that the embellishments really popped.

So that's my layout! Thanks so much for looking! And you better start preparing for your own hot chocolate day because January 31 will be here before you know it! Will we still be in the midst of this pandemic? I have no idea...

Comments

  1. I really love your take on the sketch challenge. The colors on the page are awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment