Last Rays of Sunshine feat. Paper Issues

Today's scrapbook layout is for the You Are My Sunshine challenge in the Paper Issues Friends and Fans Facebook Group! I love these challenges because they allow you to interpret them in so many different ways.

So for my layout, I used a photo of my daughter playing at the playground at sunset. As soon as I saw the picture, I pulled a bunch of phrase stickers that had to do with the word "sunshine", with the intent to title the page "Last Rays of Sunshine". And that's exactly what I did.


I also wanted to play with angles (again) on this layout and do something different with paper tearing. I had this orange paper straw from the June Paper Issues kit, and my goal was to try and wrap paper around the straw. This technique took me a long time to figure out!

Luckily, I figured out what I wanted to do, and I am so pleased with the end result. 

The background papers are from a Recollections paper pad, while the other elements are from Simple Stories and Elle's Studio.


I also added some sequins from an old Cheeky Studio sequin pack.

And that's my layout! Thanks so much for looking, and don't forget to use my code Lars to save 20% when shopping in the Paper Issues store!

Comments