Gather Here at Home feat. Paper Issues

Each month in the Paper Issues Friends & Facebook group, design team member Danielle does a special LIVE challenge, and this month she challenged everyone to do a stamped background. 

Here's what I came up with using some Kaisercraft food-themed stamps and Ingvid Bolme ink.


My background is the stamped portion of my layout, and I used Vicki Boutin Foundations Paper, which worked really well. Then I layered some Simple Stories patterned papers (from last year's fall collection) on top of that at an angle and bolstered my single photo with lots of Simple Stories, Petaloo, and PhotoPlay embellishments.


Even though you don't see the entire piece of white cardstock, I did stamp the entire thing just because at the time, I wasn't sure how I'd be using it. The pattern I created is a combination of three different stamps, and they all have something to do with eating and food because the picture I chose is one taken of the whole family at Christmas dinner last year.


If I had a Misti, I'm sure stamping would be a lot easier and maybe I would actually do it more often. Alas, I do not own one, so I just used two clear stamp blocks. 

I like the dimension that I created with the variety of different embellishments, and I like the way the stamped background looks. This is an easy way to create your own patterned paper, especially if you're running low on a full 12x12 sheet.

And don't forget, you can find Simple Stories, Vicki Boutin, and more in the Paper Issues shop! Use my code Lars to save 20% when you checkout!


Comments