Best Resources for Homeschooling Tips and FREE Printables

Who else out there is in my position? We used to send our kid to daycare/preschool twice a week due to my part-time work-from-home schedule. But now thanks to COVID-19, our daycare has scaled back how many students are allowed in a classroom, and children who need full-time care are getting preferential placement. Everybody else is on a waiting list.

So we decided that to save money and protect our kiddo, we'd just take her out of daycare altogether (I mean, who knows how long we would be on a waitlist?) and I'd provide her pre-k learning at home since I'm still primarily WFH.

(We still haven't 'figured out childcare for the one day a week I'll need to go into the office, but...)

And now we come to the real reason for this post. In my quest to provide an adequate pre-k education for my daughter, I've scoured Pinterest and the internet for free printables and resources that will help me become my daughter's teacher at home. 


I wanted to share those resources with you, too, in case you were in the same boat as me. 

Keep in mind, even though my focus is preschool, these online educators can also help with elementary and beyond.

Blessed Learners 
Subscribe to this site's e-newsletter to receive a free 2020-2021 Homeschool Planner to help you organize your homeschooling plans this year. This would especially come in handy if you have multiple kids in your home and even moreso for older kids.

Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten
Ever since I started doing "kid school" at home with my daughter, I've turned to Mrs. Plemons' weekly lesson plans for themes and ideas. 

Modern Preschool
I've gotten a lot of great FREE printables through Modern Preschool, and there is even more paid content that would really make homeschooling easier.

Stay at Home Educator
This is another good resource for free printables, activity ideas, and themed curriculum. You can also purchase additional content.

123 Homeschool 4 Me
This website also features a lot of free content (just click on the tab labeled FREE Worksheets), as well as recipes, activity ideas, and more. The owner of this site also operates Kindergarten Worksheets and Games for more specific little kid content.

Jen Merckling
This is a website I've recently discovered for homeschool curriculum ideas and printables. If you subscribe to her newsletter, you'll get a code to access the subscriber free resource library.

Just a Simple Home
I also signed up for the 10 Days of Homeschool Printables series through this website to help me get organized for the homeschool year ahead.

ABC's of Literacy
This is another great resource for free printables and all sorts of activity ideas focused on helping kids read and write.

The Kindergarten Connection
I've also found really great content (some of which is free) from this website. The owner, Alex, recently held seminars for teachers, whether teaching online or virtually, with helpful tips of how to teach amidst this "new normal".

The Measured Mom
Not only do I subscribe to The Measured Mom's emails and use her free printables, but I also am part of her Facebook community where educators from all over share their tips and techniques.

Fun with Mama
This is another great resource for free printables, and I enjoy the content I receive in the e-newsletter.

Preschool Mom
This website has been really helpful during our Alphabet Summer Kid School. I've enjoyed using the letter of the day printables to help my daughter practice writing and identifying her letters. But there is other content, too.

With most of these, I've signed up for the website's e-mails, and that's how I am alerted to new freebies or directed to popular posts with ideas for activities, snacks, and more. Subscribing ensures you don't miss out on discounts for the paid content, subscriber-only freebies, and other exclusives.

So this is a pretty comprehensive list, but I know there are other resources out there, courtesy of other homeschooling moms and educators. Where are you finding your own homeschooling inspiration?

Comments