Alphabet Summer Kid School Letter W Week Recap

This was our last week of Alphabet Summer Kid School because - drum roll, please - REAL school starts this week. Or rather, as real as school is going to get while it's being done at home. 

But I digress.

We finished off our summer of letter learning with the letter W, and you can find even more great ideas for this letter and all the letters of the alphabet in my Kid School and Alphabet Summer Pinterest boards.


We started the week off with the book The Watermelon Seed, which we've read before from the library, and we really liked it then. I thought it would be fitting to read it again. And then to go along with that, we decorated our own watermelon paper plates. Monday was also our introductory dot marker, tracing, and W words day.

On Tuesday we read Where the Wild Things Are, a book that my mom never liked, so it wasn't one that I grew up with. But I thought my kid might enjoy the story, and she did! She also liked coloring in pictures of some of the wild things, wearing a wild things mask, and drawing pictures of her feeling wild at the circus and at the park.


Wednesday's book was another repeat: Mrs. Wishy Washy's Farm. I printed out and laminated a clean the pig letter activity. (Yes, I found my husband's old laminator!) Then I painted black paint on top of the pigs, and my daughter had to "clean" them with a paintbrush. She revealed the word "Wash". This activity didn't last long, unfortunately. But it was super cute.


Then we went outside and played with water blasters. 

No school on Thursday because I had to work.

Friday's book was What If Monster, and we did an accompanying What If Monster craft. Then we did a Where Do I Live? activity and talked about our feelings with a monster feelings card game.

On Saturday, we read Diary of a Worm, made gummy worm popsicles, did a silly worm sticker counting activity, and made a W look like a worm.

Today we'll be reading Woodpecker Wants a Waffle and then making waffles for breakfast! I also had some ideas to recycle tin cans into a wind chime (might be too ambitious), coloring some weather-themed pages, and lacing a spider web through a paper plate. So we'll see what happens.

Even though Alphabet Summer Kid School is over with for the summer, I'll still be posting here and on my YouTube channel about the themes and books we'll be doing during at-home pre-k! Wish us luck!

Comments