Alphabet Summer Letter T Week Recap

After a fairly successful week of doing the letter P, we moved on to the letter T. Don't forget you can find even more letter T and general alphabet activities on my Alphabet Summer and Kid School Pinterest boards.


The week started off with some general letter learning. We read There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed the ABCs on YouTube, and then did a Feed the Lady activity, courtesy of ABCs of Literacy. For the Feed the Lady activity, I used part of a Sago Mini toy, and ours ended up being more of a Feed the Cat activity.

But at least I didn't have to make anything.

We also played a Letter Bingo game that my daughter's preschool sent to us as part of its online at-home curriculum. (My daughter said it was "hard". She's TERRIBLE at finding things, though. Like her shoes. Her glasses. The toy that she must have RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND.)

We focused on the letter T starting on Tuesday. That day's activities included our dry-erase letter tracing pad, naming words that start with T, and doing a dot marker printable for the letter T.

I also read the Sandra Boynton book Tickle Time and included a tape activity with a Melissa & Doug Tape Activity Book.


On Wednesday, we started the morning with the Dr. Seuss book The Tooth Book and did a random activity that also incorporated our cutting skills practice. I was surprised at how well the Toilet Paper Roll Hair Cutting activity went over! Our little TP people got names AND sticker decorations after cutting.



And I also started incorporating some Father's Day crafts. I cut out paper tie printables and had my daughter answer questions about her grandfathers and father.

Thursday we started off with the book Dragons Love Tacos and we made paper plate tacos. I also had a leftover craft from the day before that we didn't do: Trolls Sidewalk Chalk Hair activity. My daughter saw the pieces for this on our dining room table, and she was interested in doing it. She just wasn't interested in doing it per the directions. So I did it while she colored.



Friday morning we read The Tub People, which my daughter requested we buy because she liked it so much. And then we went outside to do some Tree Bark Rubbings. (That lasted about 5 seconds.)

In the afternoon, I tried to get my daughter interested in Tape Resist Watercolor Painting. She wasn't into it, but I really liked it, and I think I want to try it on a scrapbook page sometime.

Saturday morning I couldn't find the book Big Truck, Little Truck on YouTube, so instead we watched a read aloud of Little Blue Truck. And then we did a Triangle Dot Art page.

Today's plan is to read The Little Engine That Could and then do a Build Your Name Train activity and an Uppercase Letter T Turtle Craft, if time permits.

And that's a wrap on letter T. Tomorrow we'll be starting on letter S! Stay tuned for the details on that next week.

Comments