Alphabet Kid Summer Letter S Week Recap

Happy Father's Day! Tomorrow starts a whole new week of the letter D, inspired D for "Dad". But first, here's what we did this past week for the letter S.


I will admit, I was a little lax with this week's activities. For me, I just don't have the free time to sit and lesson plan. Because that's essentially what kid school is - prepping all the activities and lessons ahead of time. You can't do an activity or craft with a small child and not have everything ready to go in advance.

Luckily, my teacher husband is off from school for the summer, so he picked up some of my slack this week. Our daughter even has her own little desk downstairs where the two of them do "school".



So to start the week off, we spent Monday just doing general letter stuff. My Chicka Chicka Boom Boom stacking activity didn't go over so well, mainly because I didn't have the right alphabet letters, but we still read the book on YouTube. (And counted it toward our online summer reading program at the library!)

On Tuesday, we read the book Go! Go! Go! Stop!, which warranted repeat viewings on YouTube, so it's safe to say this book is a winner. We then did our normal morning routine of dry-erase letter tracing and coming up with words that start with the letter S.



Wednesday was easy because we had tickets for the New Jersey Six Flags drive-through safari. And safari starts with the letter S!

Thursday's book was Diary of a Spider, and to go along with that we made a spider out of construction paper, as well as a letter S snake.

Friday was another easy day due to our morning being cut in half by a grocery store pick-up. We read I Love School and then practiced cutting with scissors on a page of our Melissa & Doug cutting pad.

Saturday's activities included reading the Chicks and Salsa book (yum, salsa!), doing a raised salt painting, and using my digital camera to take selfies around the house. (It's my daughter's favorite pastime.)

And today's plan is to read the Scaredy Squirrel book, make paper plate snails using up some of my old buttons, and continue our #sciencesunday learning with a Magic Water Suspension experiment. (Get it? "Suspension" starts with the letter S.)

And that's it! Monday starts a new week and a new letter.

Don't forget you can find even more letter activities on both my Alphabet Summer and Kid School Pinterest boards. I'm constantly adding more content to both boards, so make sure you follow them for the latest updates.

Comments