May 2020 To-Read Book List

I have so many books to review this month! It's crazy! Even with COVID-19 stay-at-home orders, physical copies of books are still being mailed out, and in other circumstances, PDFs and NetGalley versions are being sent. I'm all for it! I'm so bummed that BookExpo and BookCon were cancelled this year, but I totally understand that it's better to be safe than sorry, and no one can predict what the future (even just a few months from now) will bring.

My May to-read list is full, though, so it's nice to have some new things to read and review even in the absence of attending the show. Want to know what's on my list? I've got more details in this video on my YouTube channel and quick tidbits below.



Habit Swap - Hugh G. Byrne
A small book with big tips on creating better habits for a more mindful life. The perfect thing to read while in quarantine, right?

To Trust in What We Cannot See - Dennis Mansfield
What would happen if you could go back in time and kill Hitler? But not just Hitler? All the bad guys. That's the premise of this novel, set in Vienna.

Welcome to the Agrihood - Anna DeSimone
If you've ever wanted to live on a farm - or work on a farm, like I have - then maybe the farm-to-table tips in this book will help you apply an agricultural approach to how you live and eat at home.

Aurora Burning - Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I'm so excited for this one! The second novel in the Aurora series hits bookstores on May 15. I really liked the first novel that I read and reviewed last year. Can't wait to read what happens next.

Eat Like You Give a Fork - Mareya Ibrahim
Looking forward to reading this book/cookbook that champions the eating of fresh fruits and vegetables. Contains 80 recipes!

Creating Equality at Home - Francine M. Deutsch and Ruth A. Gaunt
A look at how couples around the world balance the division of labor. Should be an interesting read when so many of us are working from home AND teaching from home. Who is doing more of the work in your household?

The Burger King: A Whopper of a Story - Jim McLamore
Autobiography of the man who started Burger King. Hits bookstore shelves on May 19.

Comments