Tacos for Days Scrapbook Page

Another scrapbook challenge I participated in this month at Scrapbook and Cards Today was a mood board challenge. I was really inspired by the pastel colors and a picture with very marbleized colors that just begged me to break out my Shimmerz. So I made my own colorful background using three different Shimmerz colors: Glorious Day, Pop Art Pink, and a purple one whose name I cannot remember.


The photo is of me at my first Taco Trot 5K last spring. I included my race bib, too. (I'll be doing this year's Taco Trot, but it's been postponed to July due to Coronavirus.)

Along with my mixed media background, I used papers from a Michael's Hot Buy paper pad and Crate Paper patterned papers and embellishments. I also used up the last bits of some Spiegelmom Scraps sequins (can't remember the name of the pack) along with some Thickers and Jillibean Soup alphas for the title.


I have some other pictures from the 5K (layout coming soon!), so this single-photo page will serve as the opener for the spread. I added some journaling to talk about what the Taco Trot was - we got a taquito at the end!


I really like how this design came through. And I love the mixed media background. Have you been getting a lot of scrapbooking and crafting done lately? My husband said something about using all this extra time at home to clean... He must have been joking.

Thanks for looking!

Comments