St. Patrick's Day Kid School Ideas

I'm trying to get back into the swing of "kid school", activities to do and books to read with my kid that are somewhat educational and give us something to fill our time at home. Pinterest has been a great source of inspiration, and I have a whole general Pinterest board of Kid School ideas. But I haven't always followed through on doing them.

This month, I've planned ahead. Go me! And the theme is ... drum roll, please... St. Patrick's Day!



I don't really celebrate the holiday, but I found some really cute ideas on Pinterest that we can spread out throughout the month of March. And who knows? Maybe I'll learn something about the holiday and my husband's Irish ancestry through the process.

Here are the books we'll be reading this month:



And here is a list of activities we'll be doing:

Paper Plate Rainbows
Magic Fizzing Shamrocks
St. Patrick's Day Play-Doh Tray
Pot of Gold Counting
Marshmallow Shamrock Stamping
Pot of Gold craft (that I purchased from Oriental Trading)

And we'll be eating: Lucky Charms Treats! (Made with dairy-free "butter", of course.)

For more detailed information on the activities, check out my St. Patrick's Day Kid School board on Pinterest.

I did make a run to Dollar Tree for supplies, and here's what I got:

Green paint
Paper plates
Toy gold coins
Chocolate gold eggs (they didn't have coins)

And thanks to all the lovely mamas who have come before me who came up with these fun activities so that I could some day do them with my kid!

How do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

Comments