Queen Mommy Scrapbook Page - Challenge YOUrself

This month's challenge at Challenge YOUrself is polka dots! Don't forget to include a photo of yourself on your layout! There's a lot of great inspiration from the other design team members, so head over to the Challenge YOUrself blog to see all the layouts.

This is what I created, and if you want more details, I've got a process video on my YouTube channel.


I really loved the idea of polka dots, and the challenge image used a picture of a polka dot high heel. So when I saw this chipboard high heel in my stash, I knew it had to make an appearance on my layout.


I went through my Crate Paper Sunny Days collection to find patterned papers that I felt represented polka dots. Nothing was really traditionally polka dotty, but I kind of liked that. Then I created more of my own polka dots by adding sequins.


I went heavy on the embellishments, carrying them through the diagonal on the page. And I used a variety of sizes and dimensions of embellishments to give the layout a layered look.

Don't forget to upload your own take on this challenge at the Challenge YOUrself blog! I'd love to see how you interpret the challenge.

Comments