How to Find FREE Kids Birthday Invitations

In years past, I've found myself with a Pinterest board full of kid's birthday party ideas but nothing done, and two weeks to go until my daughter's birthday. Even if you're only having a small family gathering, as we've done the last three years, you still want to have party decorations, a cake, food, and snacks. And, oh yeah, presents or something.

Thank goodness for other moms who have their shit together and are spreading their shit on the internet for other harried moms like myself.



I give you Google plus crafty Mommy Bloggers. While Pinterest has been super helpful, when I'm looking for something specific, like dog-themed birthday party invitations, I just Google "free dog birthday party invitations" and a bunch of blogs come up with links to free invitation downloads.

What I like about these downloads is that they are customizable (to an extent), so you kind of feel like you're making something even when you really aren't.

One year I went to SimpleEverydayMom.com and downloaded a PDF of some really cute doggy invites, snack food labels, water bottle labels, and even thank you cards. So helpful! Even though the invitations didn't have the sentiment that I wanted on them, I still printed them out, cut out the image of the dogs, and then pasted that onto an invite I had made in Google Picasa (yes, I still use that program) so that I ended up with the invitation that I really wanted.

And best of all, it was FREE.


This is the part that I designed, then I added the free graphics from SimpleEverydayMom.

This woman, Sam, designed these invitations for her own kid and then said, "Hey, I should make these available for other moms." THANK YOU, SAM!

A word of caution: pay attention to the websites that come up in your Google searches to make sure they are legit. Some of the links don't work anymore and some of the sites are wonky. But I think we're all at the stage of internet usage when we can tell a legit website from a bad website. And we should all have anti-virus protection on our computers, right???

It's so exciting to find free printables! Last year I used free Toy Story printables to create our Toy Story birthday party invitations, and I'm doing the same thing this year. I used a free Frozen invitation download from Orchard Girls (seen in the title pic) to create my daughter's 4th birthday invites.

Did you know that a lot of bloggers share free printables for other things, too? Not just invitations! Free household organization printables, free grocery shopping list printables, free financial planning printables! If you like putting things in binders, then the bloggy internet is your place to go for things to print out and put in a binder! So check it out!

Comments