Bette Davis Eyes Scrapbook Page

And the scrapbook layouts just keep on coming, don't they? I recently joined a private Facebook group called Bash Your Stash, and they host different challenges all year long that encourage you to use up items from your scrapbook stash.

So for the vellum challenge, I created this layout. (And I also used up a whole bunch of other old supply from my stash: Cheeky Studio, Kaisercraft, Thickers, Crate Paper, Vicki Boutin, Prima.)


This challenge also inspired me to use vellum on some of my other scrapbook layouts, which you'll be seeing more of soon! For this page, I placed a full sheet of 8.5 x 11 vellum behind my photo cluster and on top of my mixed media to soften up the inking that I had done.

I was a little disappointed that the red adhesive tape I had purchased from Michael's not too long ago was not very transparent behind the vellum. But you can't really tell from these photos.


So the story behind this photo is that I was taking pictures of my eyes with some new mascara on my eyelashes. (Had to review them. You might remember?) Anyway, I printed the picture to do something scrappy with it, and I decided to use it for this layout. As I was trying to figure out what to say about the photo and what the title should be, I remembered that one time not too long ago I was riding an elevator with a man, and he looked at me and told me that my eyes were like Bette Davis eyes.

Alright, I'll take it!

So that became my title and the story of this photo.

Thanks for looking!

Comments