Spring Got Me All Scrapbook Page

This month I participated for the first time in a scrapbook challenge in the Corbett Creations Challenge Group on Facebook. (Check it out!) I've had the chance to play with some of Corbett Creations embellishments when I won a prize pack from them through a different scrapbook challenge blog, and they are really high quality wood veneers.

There are five elements that have to be included on your layout to participate, and here's how I incorporated them all.


The first requirement was navy. I've got it in my paper choices and my misting spray. (One of my favorite Shimmerz colors: Don't Rain On My Parade.)

You also had to use a patterned paper. Well, I've got that covered.


Another requirement was washi tape. Thank goodness for this requirement because I am so bad about using up my washi tape. For this page, I chose a translucent tape with a gold pattern from American Crafts.

Perhaps one of the hardest requirements was incorporating "The Way You Make Me Feel" into the journaling. We had to use the words verbatim, and as you can see a bit from the above picture, I made it work.


There also had to be two pictures on the page. That was easy! I chose pictures of my daughter spelling the spring flowers last year. Hard to believe that in just a few months, we'll be seeing those purple buds blooming again.

This layout also uses some old October Afternoon, Pinkfresh Studio, and new (or new to me) Crate Paper.

I really love the way this layout turned out, and I'm so glad I decided to play along with the challenge! Thanks for looking!

Comments