Not Going Back Out Scrapbook Page

It's been so long since I participated in a Stick It Down sketch challenge, even though I've always loved working with their sketches. I've even been one of their guest designers.

So here I am, back at it again, with this layout for the January single page sketch. (There is also a double page sketch and a card sketch.)


I combined the My Heritage collection from My Mind's Eye with some random papers and embellishments from my stash. Black and white is always so easy to match up.


I think I kept things fairly true to the original sketch in terms of photo and paper placement, but I veered off course a little with title and embellishment placement.

I don't normally do long titles, so that was something fun to try. And I chose to add the title to the side of the photos because I didn't want the alphas to get clogged up in the patterned paper underneath the photo.


These photos were taken last year when my family decided to visit Niagara Falls. It was FREEZING. My daughter was not having it. I think these photos are the only ones of her where she isn't crying.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous layout. I love the bold plaid and the cute pandas.
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down - hope to see you again next month
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the plaid is great, and goes perfectly with the red! And the pandas are adorable - just like the subject of the photos! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this collection. I love when someone veers off a little bit and interprets the sketch differently. So fun!

    Good to see you playing along this month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment