Aura Digital Picture Frame Review

Today's post contains promotional content. I received free product in exchange for a review.

If you're a follower of my blog, then you know how much I love scrapbooking. I think it's such a wonderful creative outlet and fun way to showcase my photos.

BUT it is expensive and time-consuming. I totally understand how people can say they just don't have enough time to scrapbook. But do you also feel like you don't have time to sit around and curate your photos, printing out the ones you like and buying frames for them and then hanging those frames somewhere in your house?

If that's you, then maybe the Aura digital picture frames could make your life so much easier.



Here's what makes Aura different from other digital picture frames you might have seen or already own: the frame connects to your phone via an app, so you can instantly transfer the pictures on your phone to the frame.

You don't need a flash drive or a memory card. That makes it so easy to get photos off your phone, the medium of choice for so many of us these days, and into a frame for display!

So here's what I had to do to set up my frame. Plug it in. Download the free Aura app on my phone. Connect the frame to my home's wi-fi. Choose which photos from my phone to upload to the frame. Done and done.



Now my pictures are displayed on an 8.9-inch screen with 221 PPI pixel resolution. And yes, I said photos PLURAL. You can have as many photos as you want connected to the frame, and the frame will automatically detect when to switch photos, or you can set a timeframe for switching, like every 5 or 10 minutes.

Or if you can't wait for a photo to switch, just swipe the frame's interactive touch bar to manually switch! And it doesn't matter if some of your photos are vertical or horizontal. Just rotate the frame to fit the photo's orientation.

What happens if you want to add photos but you're not at home? Or if another family member wants to add photos? You can and they can! No matter where you are, you can add photos to the frame. And you can grant other users access to the frame so they can add their favorite photos to be displayed.

There are three different frame styles, and the one I got to test out was the Mason. This is the lowest cost option, with the look and feel of carved stone. Its rich graphite color goes perfectly with the dark built-ins in our living room.

But there's also the Sawyer, which is a lighter color frame made of natural materials, and the Wood, which is handcrafted from walnut with a brass trim. Aside from the physical look of the frame, each one does have some different features, so check them all out to find the digital frame that's right for you and your decor.

The super simple app interface

I was impressed with the quality of the screen and how easy it was to intuit how to use the frame. Sure, there was some trial and error as I figured out that you had to swipe and not tap the touch bar (for some reason, I remember tapping as part of the demo I saw), but my 3.5-year-old figured it out in a flash and became a pro at switching between her favorite photos!

If you're the type of person with a lot of photos on your phone and nowhere else, then these digital picture frames could make your life easier. I also think these would make great gifts for grandparents because you could easily upload new photos of the family and grandkids to their frames. What a fun way to share your photos!

Comments