Enjoy Today Scrapbook Page

Today I'm sharing my take on this month's Let's Get Sketchy sketch challenge. I used some Vicki Boutin product that I received in the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo's Latest and Greatest class. This was my first time breaking out the product, and I just love it!


The background paper had sort of a mixed media feel to it, so I chose that because it seemed like the sketch had some mixed media in its background. And using a patterned paper like this makes it less messy for me. The only thing I did to add some extra pizazz was tear the sides of the black patterned paper. It's been so long since I've done the tearing technique!


There were so many cool embellishments in this collection, and I did my best to use as many as I could by creating interesting clusters. Too often I find myself hoarding embellishments, and with this layout I just told myself "Use them!" What am I setting them aside for? They're supposed to be used on a layout!


These are photos from last summer. My daughter is playing at Citygarden in St. Louis, Missouri. She had so much fun running through the water fountains! (Note to self: bring an extra pair of shoes and socks next time.)

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Beautiful job! I often find myself hoarding embellishments too haha! For what reason, I'm not sure. Haha! Glad you decided to use them and join us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment