Happy Scrapbook Page

You might have seen from Monday's blog post that I'm participating in a sketch and mood board challenge this month, but I'm also participating in another challenge at Scrap the Girls for their October bra-inspired challenge in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. So what I had to do was find the bra that matched my zodiac sign and use it as inspiration for a layout. I'm a Capricorn, so the bra assigned to me was navy with a tied collar running up the back (or front?? Never seen a bra like that before...). Here's what I created:


You can see that I used navy pretty heavily, both in the Shimmerz Don't Rain On My Parade that I spritzed on the white background and in the patterned papers. I think most of the papers are from a random paper pad that I bought at Michael's, but I also added in a 4x6 card from an old Cheeky Studio collection, along with a few ephemera pieces from that collection to add even more navy and some pink. Pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month!


I also punched a border out of one strip of navy paper that I thought looked kind of intricate, like the tied portion of my inspiration bra.

So that's what I created! This was a fun one and really outside my box. The picture is of my daughter eating birthday cake last year at a family dinner we hosted. I'm still working my way through December 2018 photos, but hopefully I'll be able to get started on January 2019 photos soon. How far behind on scrapping are you? The only downside to being so far behind is that I sometimes forget what happened in a particular moment or what I wanted to say about it. But it is fun to look back on these times, even if they were only one year ago. You can hear me talk more about that in my September 2019 Scrapbook Layout Share video on YouTube.

Comments

  1. Such a pretty page for a pretty little girl. like the background ink and the ephemera is just right! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The girls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment