Free National Park Day Scrapbook Page - Lasting Memories Guest Designer

Here's my next layout for the Lasting Memories August challenges. This week's challenge is "flowers", so I broke out my Cheeky Studio Wild Flowers embellishments to add some pops of color to these photos of my family enjoying Free National Park Day last year!


Yes, it's a two-pager and YES I made a shaker pocket. I used a 4x6 Project Life page and my new Fuse tool to seal up one of the 4x6 pockets with sequins and flowers. Pretty cool, huh?

There was definitely a learning curve, but I think I figured it out. I can't wait to experiment even more with making shaker pockets.


The patterned papers were part of a Recollections paper pad, and I pulled them for my May Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit. I also used American Crafts Thickers to make the title, and added a few black and white stickers from a sticker sheet from my stash.


So that's how I interpreted the challenge this week! Come back next Sunday for the next Lasting Memories "plants"-themed challenge!

And also, if you want to know more about Free National Park Day, which is actually called Free Public Lands Day - but whatever, just click here. It's a fun Saturday in September that encourages you and your family to get outside and experience the natural wonders right where you live. You'd probably be surprised at how many National Parks or State Parks are near you. And you might even be surprised to find out that your park is already free! That's what we discovered when we visited High Point State Park. It was the off-season, so it was already free to drive in and check out one of the highest points in New Jersey.

Comments