August 2019 To-Read List

Want to know what I'm reading this month? It's a mixture of review books and library books, and I'm really excited about all 10 on my list. Wish me luck in trying to read them all!



You can find out more about each book in my to-read video on YouTube and below.

I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon - I love the story of Anastasia. Could she have survived? Is she still out there? I'm looking forward to reading this novel's take of the story.

Dear Mrs. Bird by A.J. Pearce - This book was recommended by someone I follow on Instagram. I trust her reviews, so when I saw this book on my library's "new books" shelf, I had to grab it. It takes place in London during World War II where a woman who wants to be a war correspondent becomes an advice columnist.

Outer Order, Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin - I read Rubin's The Happiness Project many years ago. Her latest book was a Simple Scrapper book club pick, and I had to be on a waiting list for it at my local library. It's about decluttering and organizing, and I can't wait to see how it applies to scrapbooking and creative endeavors.

Gifts from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh - This book was recommended in another book I read about the books you should definitely read. It's a small book of essays about beach things and how they relate to life. Looking forward to reading it.

Never Unfriended by Lisa-Jo Baker - After reading Baker's The Middle Matters, I had to find more from this author! Never Unfriended was the only book that my library carried, and I'm happy to start here because it's all about building and keeping lasting friendships.

No Judgments by Meg Cabot - I picked up this book at BookCon. This will be my first Meg Cabot book! The book comes out in September, so I want to get it read this month and then post a review of the book next month, so stay tuned for that.

Shrill by Lindy West - If you've seen Shrill on Hulu, then you'll be familiar with what this book is about. I got an autographed copy of the book at BookCon, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the book and show are the same or different.

The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott - This is another book of historical fiction set in World War II, and it's all about female spies. I picked up this book at BookCon, and it also comes out in September, so stay tuned to the blog for my review.

House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig - I received a review copy of this book, which comes out today, actually. It's a take on Grimm's Twelve Princesses story, which I think sounds really cool. I'll definitely have a review of this book up on the blog soon.

From Grouchy to Great by Ruth Schwenk - I'm reading this with a friend. It's a collection of blog posts turned into a book with discussion questions at the end of each essay/post. It's all about finding the joys in motherhood, even when we feel grumpy.

What are you guys reading this month?

Comments