Unique Scrapbook Page - Let's Get Sketchy

I've got another scrapbook layout to share with you, this time based on the June sketch challenge at Let's Get Sketchy. I decided to use my June Counterfeit Kit, which included a bunch of buttons in different sizes. The original sketch had some flowers going down a diagonal at the top of the page, so I decided to use the buttons in place of flowers.


This is a pretty simple layout, but I don't think it needs anything else. I usually find myself wanting to add one more thing here and then one more thing there, and sometimes those ideas are good, but more often than not, I should ignore them.


I liked the "unique" word sticker and thought it fit pretty well with this picture of my daughter wearing an Adidas track suit. It was a size 24 months, but she didn't fit into until she was 2.5. We thought she looked so sporty, like a real Olympian in it!

The journaling spots were originally from a Halloween collection, but given that they were both just plain black and didn't look Halloween-y, I used them here and wrote on them with a white pen. (Which smudged. Lesson learned. Stick them down BEFORE writing or give the ink time to dry.)


I used some silver Tim Holtz border stickers that have been in my stash for way too long. The strip I chose had stars on it, which matched with the star patterned paper. All the papers are from a Recollections paper pad that I got at Michael's last year. I don't remember the manufacturers of the buttons or chipboard stickers.

It's fun to capture simple moments like this. That's probably why I have so many scrapbook albums; I take pictures of everything!

Comments

  1. Great layout! I love the button effects that you used! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch !
    Love the background bottons idea.
    Thank you so much for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea with the buttons. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Love the way you arranged the buttons. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment