My Favorite Things - June 2019

I know that it's the end of June already, but I still wanted to share with you some of the things I've been loving this month. Leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite things are right now.

1. Archer Farms Non-Dairy Ice Cream
Leave it to Target to create an affordable line of non-dairy ice cream AND carry normal flavors. I'm sorry, but the only four non-dairy Haagen Dazs flavors at my local ShopRite are super weird! (Haagen Dazs is the one that is always on sale for $2.88.) Sometimes I just want a good old chocolate chip or cookie dough. Now I know where to go for non-dairy ice cream when I get a craving.


2. Chobani Non-Dairy Coconut Blend Drinks
Speaking of dairy-free things, I've recently discovered the taste of these coconut-based "yogurt" drinks. I have to say, I despise the non-dairy Chobani yogurt, but for some reason, the drinks are totally different and actually very good. Strawberry and Vanilla Chai get a thumbs up from me! They are the perfect snack at work.


3. Cranberry Juice
I'm showing the Apple & Eve brand in this photo, but I've also been drinking Ocean Spray. It depends on which one is cheapest/on sale. This is probably the only thing from the Eat Life Thrive diet that I've stuck to: drinking a glass of cranberry juice every night before bed. I feel like it's a good cleanse for the system, and ladies will understand that drinking pure cranberry juice (not cocktail!) is good for preventing UTIs. Pure cranberry juice is a bit tart, so you can cut it with water if you need to.


4. Sleeping Oats
I found this breakfast recipe in a ShopRite circular and was immediately drawn to it because unlike other overnight oats I've done, this one didn't include banana but it added granola. You guys, the crunchy granola mixed with the chewy oats and chia is a texture explosion in your mouth. I dream about this dairy-free recipe, though I don't always remember to make it the night before. It calls for the ShopRite Wholesome Pantry brand products, which are all organic, but you can substitute.


This is basically almond milk, chia seeds, almond butter, pure maple syrup (Mrs. Butterworth's is too sweet), oats, and then granola on top the next day. You're also supposed to use raspberries, but I haven't done that because raspberries are not on sale. Though they are available to pick at a local farm, so I might have to do that soon.

So that's a list of some of my favorite things right now! Yep, it's all food-related right now. I think that says a lot about me.

Comments