Beautiful View Scrapbook Page

I'm making progress in my 2015 vacation album. Hard to believe it's still a work in progress four years later. Is anyone else behind on their photos? 

Here's the latest page going in the album. It's pretty basic, but I find that some of the patterned papers and embellishments that I have just aren't appropriate for the pictures I've taken. You can hear me talk more about this in the process video I made here.


The papers are two different black houndstooth patterns plus some ledger paper from a Recollections paper pad and black cardstock. That's it! The base of this is very neutral.


I created a title for this using a translucent sticker with the word "Beautiful" printed on it in black and old American Crafts alphas with a road map pattern. No, I didn't have any more of the letter "E" in those alphas, so I used a backwards "3".


I added some pops of color to this layout with some of the smaller flowers in the Cheeky Studio Wild Flowers 5 set. Some of them are flat and some are popped up with foam dots.

You'll notice some shine on here thanks to a Tim Holtz border sticker. It's silver and textured for even more dimension and interest. I placed part of it at the bottom of the layout and the other part diagonally across from it in the top right of the layout.

So there you have it! These are photos of Dealey Plaza in Dallas. It was such a gorgeous day to be there (though really HOT), and I loved taking pictures of the beautiful water fountain and statues/monuments that were there.

Have you ever been to Dallas? If we go back, what are some other sites that we should see?

Comments