1st Cast Read-Through Scrapbook Page - Spread the Sparkle

I've been enjoying playing along with the scraplift challenges in the Spiegelmom Scraps Spread the Sparkle Facebook group. I created this for the last challenge, which ended on June 19. (If you missed out, don't worry. A new challenge is up now.)


I really liked the cluster of floral embellishments in the original layout, but I didn't have anything like that, nor would that have been really fitting with some of the other items I had chosen to use. Eventually, I found some Cheeky Studio Wild Flowers still in my collection, so I created a bouquet of paper flowers using those. I popped a few up on foam dots for added dimension.


I also sprinkled Cheeky Studio Winter Flowers sequins along the diagonal. I love the color scheme, and they were the perfect colors for this page. I liked mixing the three different houndstooth patterned papers with the super bright Wild Flowers colors.

These are pictures of my co-workers and I preparing for an event last year. I had another co-worker snap a pic of us because it felt like we were a professional cast doing a table read.


When I first started this layout, I wasn't totally sure where it was going or what it might end up looking like. However, the Cheeky Studio Wild Flowers totally changed the direction and made it all come together so well. Aren't they just gorgeous?

This layout is another one that makes me wonder about journaling. At the time this photo was taken, none of us knew what would happen in just a few weeks. But from where I am now, I know. Some of those co-workers are no longer co-workers. I chose to not acknowledge that in my small journaling spot, but as I've written about before, it's always weird to be a year removed from the pictures I'm scrapbooking with all the knowledge that comes with it.

Still curious how you guys feel about this. Let me know in the comments!

Comments