Smile, Stay Wild Scrapbook Page - The ScrapRoom

I love playing along with sketch challenges, and the ones at The ScrapRoom are some of my faves. If you're not letting the monthly JumpStart Sketch Challenges inspire you, then you're missing out. (And there are prizes if you're the winner of the challenge.)

So here is my take on this month's sketch. I kept the positioning of the papers and photos pretty spot on in terms of the original sketch. But after that, I turned my phone's screen off to listen to a podcast, and I just placed the embellishments wherever they seemed to fit best.


Because I had some fall-themed papers out on my desk (thanks to the White with 1 challenge), I decided to use those to create this layout from last fall. These are photos of my daughter running around in the hay at a local farm. We had gone on a field trip with other members of our MOPS group to pick pumpkins and drink apple cider and eat apple cider donuts. It was wonderful!

But it was SO COLD!


I love that the cold weather is never a deterrent to my child to get outside and play. She always wants to go outside. She always wants to run around. So the "smile" piece that I cut out of some Die Cuts with a View paper and the "stay wild" die-cut from the Cheeky Studio/Cat Martin Norwegian Wood collection totally summed up these photos and made a great title together.


I did a little bit of misting and splattering with some gold Shimmerz, and added other embellishments and stickers from the Prima Amber Moon collection.

I love the way this one turned out, and I will definitely be using this sketch/design again.

Comments