My Favorite Things - May 2019

This has been the month of discovery. And I've been loving the new things I've discovered. So I wanted to take a moment and share with you my top 5 favorite things right now. One of them I actually discovered last year, but I've been wearing it a lot lately. So check out all five of my favorite things this month below.

1. Sorbabes Raz'nberry
While looking for dairy-free ice cream at ShopRite the other week, I discovered this plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free raspberry sorbet that has chocolate chips in it! Y'all, when I was in college, my roommates and I used to go to Hyvee late at night and buy pints of ice cream, and do you know what flavor I always got? Raspberry chocolate chip! This Sorbabes sorbet reminds me of that late night snacking, which I'm too old for these days, but with a healthier vibe and no lactose to make me have explosive diarrhea the next day.



2. Love Beauty and Planet Turmeric & Tonka Essence Sulfate-Free Shampoo
After testing out the body lotion and hand cream through Ripple Street's Chatterbox program, I decided to try out a few more products from this eco-friendly brand. I needed more shampoo, so the haircare aisle at Target was my first stop. It was super easy to find the LBP shampoos - there's a whole "natural beauty" section in this aisle, at least there was at my local Target. There are only two LBP sulfate-free shampoos, which is what I was looking for. The rest are still free of parabens and stuff like that but not sulfates. Don't worry. It's all clearly labeled on the bottle. I chose the Turmeric & Tonka Essence, mainly because my daughter was yelling at me to pick the yellow one and I needed to keep moving to make her happy. It smells SO GOOD. I love opening the cap and squirting this shampoo onto my hand and lathering it into my hair each morning. Once I run out of my conditioner, I'll definitely go back and buy the accompanying LBP conditioner.



3. Special K Red Berries
I could eat this cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I used to really like the Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal (or whatever it's called), but now that I'm lactose-intolerant, I really shouldn't be eating chocolate every morning at breakfast. So I made the switch to the freeze-dried strawberries cereal. You guys, it's actually really good. I crave this cereal.


4. Podcasts
I know podcasts are not a new thing, but I've recently discovered them. Usually I spend my commute reading books, but there are times when I just have to rest my eyes or I'm not in the mood to read, and that's when I turn on a podcast that I've downloaded. I've been getting great crafting advice from Scrap Your Way, the Simple Scrapper podcast, as well as words of wisdom from The Nester Myquillyn Smith ("Do what you know, then finish what you started, and use what you have") and Candace Cameron-Bure ("Dream big, work hard, pray harder") through Mandy Arioto's Have More Fun podcast. I've listened to a former co-worker talk toys in The Playground podcast, and learned about an organization providing mentorship to teen girls (Etre Girls) through the Morphmom Moments podcast. I love getting so enlightened - when I can stay awake long enough to listen.



5. Prologue Leggings at Target
These leggings are leggings, but they are thick like pants with a nice zipper detail at the ankles. I purchased these as a substitute for a similar pair that Uniqlo sold out of because I wanted to create the same Thanksgiving Day outfit that Kerry Washington wore as photographed in People magazine. Best purchase I've ever made.

Here I am wearing the pants on Christmas Day.



And here I am wearing them at a work event.



What are you guys loving this month??

Comments