Magic, Always Scrapbook Page

Today's scrapbook layout has been a long time coming. When my mom died, she still had all of her Florida vacation photos to scrap, as well as the papers and embellishments that she wanted to use to scrap them. I inherited all of that paper, and I wanted to create a page that would be worthy of display on her travel wall.

But I didn't just want to jump in and create something without giving it some thought. (Hence why it has taken me almost two years to do this page.) The only photo I had of her in front of Hogwarts castle at Universal Studios was with someone else in it. So I had to get creative to use her supplies and showcase her and the main part of her trip in the best way possible.

Here's what I came up with:


The Hogwarts overlay was my moms. She also had a Harry Potter-themed sticker sheet, and I used some of those stickers. For Christmas, I received the ColorPlay Wizard World collection of papers plus die-cuts, so that's what I added to my mom's supply. I also added some Cheeky Studio sequins in maroon, silver, and dark purple.


You'll notice that there are two pictures on this layout. One is a 5x7 of just the castle. And underneath it is the photo of my mom in front of the castle. In order to cut out the extra person in the photo, I popped up the 5x7 with foam dots and placed it over the photo of my mom.


I think it gives the layout some nice dimension, and it highlights my mom. She had always wanted to go to the Harry Potter park in Florida. She was a huge fan of the books and movies. And she finally got to go - two months before she unexpectedly died.


I'm so glad that she had this experience, and I hope that I scrapbooked her memories in a way that she would have liked. I think I might put this one on my own photo gallery wall.

Thanks for looking!

Comments