Grateful For This Turkey Scrapbook Page - White with 1 Guest Designer

Good morning! I'm so happy to be guest designing for the White with 1 challenge blog today! This month's challenge, which you can still play along with, is to use white with chocolate kisses (or brown). There is even a mood board to inspire you.

Here is what I came up with, and you can also watch a process video here.


I usually use a white piece of cardstock as my base, but instead I chose this brown and off-white chevron paper for the background. I layered scraps of white cardstock with brown cardstock on top. Keeping the whole design at a diagonal, I added small embellishment clusters consisting of fabric leaves, some Cheeky Studio die-cuts, and decorative pine cones (had to break out the hot glue gun for those), plus a few Prima Amber Moon stickers.


The title consists of two sets of brown alphas that I just happened to have in my stash. How about that? I was so excited that I had enough to create this long-ish title.

You can sort of see in the below photo that I added texture to the background by mixing white 13@rts pellets with clear gesso. It added more white to the page, and I wanted there to be texture just like the chocolate swirls and teddy bear fur in the mood board.


This is a picture of my daughter in November standing next to her turkey craft project that is hanging on the fridge. I don't think I shared about that craft on the blog, but I'm sure I will this year in advance of the Thanksgiving holiday. It was really easy. Basically painting with forks and glueing stuff onto a paper plate.

So that's my layout! Thank you so much for looking and don't forget to play along at White with 1 for your chance at a prize!

Comments